& Yoga Centre
CPYC provides psychotherapy, yoga therapy and education to facilitate healing from the symptoms of trauma.
We recognize that regaining, and sustaining mental health is an ongoing process that requires different strategies at different points in life. This is why we provide a variety of de-pathologizing services that allow people to maintain their dignity and humanity during their process of growth and development.
We believe that people’s mental health issues should be understood in the context of their lives rather than compared to the imagined norms; and that their healing should not only be measured by length of time or reduction in symptoms but also by the development of the self and the growth of consciousness.
Psychotherapy, Yoga & Education
We offer Individual, Couple, Family, Group Psychotherapy grounded in Trauma and Neurobiologically Informed Relational Psychotherapeutic theories.
We offer individual yoga therapy consultations and group classes based on the lineage of T. Krishnamacharya. Yoga therapy offers relief to those suffering from physical, physiological and psychological conditions.
We offer seminars for professionals, and organizations as well as workshops for clients focused on Trauma and Neurobiology, Parenting teens and Yoga Therapy. We are in the process of developing a college to train psychotherapists and yoga therapists.
MSW, RSW, Dip TIRP, Yoga Therapist
Registered Psychotherapist, CRPO
You will know that you are in the right place if:
- You feel embarrassed or nervous to come to therapy. You are not alone: the most common reason Canadians do not access mental health services is that they are worried about being judged by the therapist or other people who know they are seeking help. We aim to create a safe, non-judgmental and confidential environment so that you can feel comfortable doing your therapy work and talking to us if difficulty between us arises.
- You are looking to understand how to feel more connected in relationships
- You are willing to commit the time and energy for regular, sessions and possibly homework to engage in the process of change.
- You recognize that our role as therapists is to create a safe space for you to explore your emotions and to guide you as you work to connect more deeply to others and your internal world.
- You appreciate a caring, intuitive, experienced, hopeful and authentic healing dialogue.
- You want therapy based on relational, attachment-based, trauma, sensorimotor, yogic, mindful and neurobiologically informed theories.
- You choose to extend your self-development process by engaging in our yoga community that is based on the principles of Yoga Therapy as described by Sri T Krishnamacharya and the Yoga Sutra’s of Patanjali.
- You are interested in improv therapy and group work to address trauma, depression and anxiety symptoms.
To provide clients with an accepting, friendly space to discover their healing path and to develop therapeutic relationships that sustain, inspire and guide them.
To provide clients with highly skilled, self responsible and self aware psychotherapists and yoga therapists who are always striving to learn about advancements in their fields and to continually develop themselves.
To create psychoeducational opportunities for clients to empower them to learn about their symptoms and how they can move towards healing and growth.
To provide innovative training programs that develop highly competent, self aware, self responsible, and inspiring psychotherapists and yoga therapists.