Psychotherapy Health and Safety Protocols
In Person Session Health and Safety Protocols
– If you would like your session at our office, you must email us at least 24 hours in advance to request an in person session for your booked appointment. If you do not hear from us by email confirming the in person session or if you provide less than 24 hours notice, please assume the session will be virtual.
– We ask that everyone self-screen and only come to the session if you are cleared by this screening to attend.
– Please stay home and email us to indicate the session will be virtual instead of in person if at all feeling unwell or symptomatic or if anyone in your immediate dwelling or work environment is unwell, symptomatic, or if you have been in contact with anyone who has recently contracted Covid-19.
– Psychotherapists will self screen every morning and if they feel they may have symptoms or have had contact with someone with symptoms, they will send you an email in the morning indicating that the session has been changed to a virtual session.
– Please arrive on time for your session, but not early to minimize contact in the waiting area. Please wait outside until 2 minutes before your session time. Office waiting room door at Tara’s office will be locked until 2 minutes before your session time.
– It will be mandatory to sanitize your hands upon entering the office.
– Psychotherapists will wear a mask wherever it is not possible to distance socially. Once they are seated in their chair and you are seated in your seat, they will remove their mask. Seats will be placed 6-10 feet apart.
– Whenever possible (weather permitting), we will keep the windows open for fresh air circulation and/or we will have air purifiers running throughout the session time.
– Washrooms are public and are cleaned by the building management. Washrooms are cleaned weekly so please use your discretion when using them.
– We will ask that everyone bring their own drinking container for water.
– All high contact surfaces (door handles, hooks) will be regularly sanitized throughout the day.
– We believe strongly in self-responsibility so we will trust that you will decide for yourself if these protocols feel safe enough for you to join in an in person session and your request for in person sessions indicates that you are comfortable with these protocols.