Career Opportunity: Relational Psychotherapist
Relational Psychotherapist (Ideal focus: children, youth, and parents)
Full Time – Contract PositionReports to: Clinical Director
Location: Collingwood, ON
Collingwood Psychotherapy and Yoga Centre (CPYC) provides trauma, attachment, and neurobiologically informed relational psychotherapy, yoga therapy and psychoeducation to people who are struggling with the effects of trauma. Our office is located in downtown Collingwood in a wheelchair accessible building. We have two therapy offices, a yoga studio, and reception area. We provide individual, couples’, group, and family therapy. We work in person and offer online therapy as well.
CPYC is seeking 1 part-time (10 hours/week) relational, trauma-informed psychotherapist to work primarily with children, youth, and their parents, but adult and adult senior work may also be included in client load. Psychotherapist will work both independently and under the supervision of the clinical director.
Start date negotiable
- Registered psychotherapist, MSW or MPsych preferred.
- Registered with a relevant professional college and association (required)
- Professional liability Insurance and general liability insurance (required)
- Minimum 3-5 years working therapeutically with children, adolescents, parents, adults, and couples.
- Demonstrated solid ability in providing individual, couples’, and group therapy and working with parents
- Experience and training to support clients with a history of trauma (e.g., TIST, EMDR, CRM, sensorimotor, DDP, somatic therapy, etc.)
- Understanding and regular use of relational psychotherapeutic theories (relational psychotherapy, interpersonal neurobiology, self-psychology, intersubjective theory etc.)
- Previous experience with treatment planning is essential
- Previous experience with creating and facilitating psychoeducational workshops is an asset (or strong interest to develop this skill)
- Demonstrated track record of working effectively with professional, collaborative groups
- Proven ability to make and sustain excellent interpersonal relationships (with clients and colleagues)
- Proven ability to understand, tolerate, work through, and grow from rupture and repair cycle within both client/therapist relationship and with colleagues.
- Strong, flexible, and results-driven style
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Clear certification of Vulnerable Sector Criminal Check is required
- At least 100 hours of personal psychotherapy completed
- Strong interest or training in yoga and/or yoga therapy a strong asset.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, self-motivated, self-responsible, grounded, and open to grow.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Engage in bi-weekly group supervision and/or meetings and individual supervision (at minimum twice monthly or as deemed necessary by the supervising clinical director)
- Develop case conceptualizations and treatment plans
- Ensure that the therapeutic goals of the clients are realized
- Provide individual, couples’, group, and family therapy as needed by client base
- Provide parenting coaching based on Maturity Model, DDP principles, interpersonal neurobiology, and attachment theories.
- Ensure the appropriate, accurate and timely completion of reports/ clinical notes and communication with clients, and colleagues • Participate in research and evaluation activities
- Develop relevant and useful psychoeducational seminars/workshops and deliver to clients
- Write 10 blog entries/year
- Role requires a combination of daytime and either evening or weekend schedule
- Schedule determined in consultation with practice regarding clients’ needs and office availability.
Benefits of joining our team:
- Individual and group supervision
- On-going training and education opportunities
- Ample referral base
- Collaborative, team-based, private-practice environment
- The opportunity to be part of developing an exciting and innovative program
- Bookings, billing, advertising, client referrals, and office management taken care of for you
- Compensation is commensurate with qualifications, hours worked, and experience.
- In-house yoga classes
If you are interested, please complete the application form below.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA}, CPYC strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are nondiscriminatory and barrier-free. If you require an accommodation, please advise in advance of attending the interview.