Career Opportunity: Yoga Therapist
Full Time – Contract Position
Reports to: Clinical Director Location: Collingwood, ON.
Collingwood Psychotherapy and Yoga Centre (CPYC) provides relational, trauma, and neurobiologically informed relational psychotherapy, yoga therapy and psychoeducation to people who are struggling with the effects of trauma. Our office is located in downtown Collingwood in a wheelchair accessible building. We have two therapy offices, a yoga studio and reception area. We provide individual, couples’, and family therapy, yoga classes, individual yoga therapy, and psychoeducational seminars.
CPYC is seeking a yoga therapist (C-IAYT), ideally trained in the lineage of T. Krishnamacharya to provide individual yoga therapy, group yoga therapy classes, and to develop workshops for the yoga program at CPYC. The yoga therapist will work both independently and under the supervision and direction of the clinical director.
This position start date is negotiable.
- Registered with IAYT as a yoga therapist
- Minimum 3-5 years yoga instruction experience
- Trained as a yoga therapist in the lineage of T. Krishnamacharya (preferred)
- Demonstrated solid ability in sequencing unique and accessible classes complete with preparatory postures, goal pose, compensation, chanting, breath counts, pranayama and either Pratyahara or dharana practice in the lineage of T. Krishnamacharya.
- Demonstrated solid ability to provide comprehensive individual yoga therapy to people with a variety of conditions.
- Demonstrated solid ability to run and develop an inspiring yoga program and coordinate class schedules and individual sessions.
- Demonstrated solid ability to understand the needs of students and community and to develop classes and workshops related to these needs.
- Experience with a consistent personal practice daily for over 5 years.
- Experience and training to support clients with a history of trauma (preferred).
- Experience in working with children, adolescents, adults, and adult seniors.
- Previous experience with creating and/or facilitating yoga workshops and yoga teacher trainings
- Demonstrated track record of working effectively with inter-professional, collaborative groups
- Proven ability to make and sustain excellent interpersonal relationships (with clients and colleagues)
- Strong, flexible, creative, and results-driven style
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Interest in psychology/psychotherapy an asset.
- Clear certification of Vulnerable Sector Criminal Check is required
- Entrepreneurial spirit, self-motivated, self-responsible, self-aware, and open to grow
- Professional liability insurance and general liability insurance (required)
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Engage in bi-weekly staff meetings and individual supervision at minimum twice monthly or as deemed necessary by the supervising clinical director
- Collaborate with clinical director to develop programs for all clients of CPYC
- Collaborate with clinical director to integrate modalities for the benefit of CPYC clients/students
- Collaborate with clinical director to develop research and evaluation activities and to write research papers
- Studio management (managing and supervising teachers, schedules, maintenance, etc.)
- Workshop and teacher training development and implementation
- Offer staff trainings and develop yoga instructors’ skills and abilities through regular in-house workshops
- Teach yoga 8-10 yoga classes per week and offer 8-10 individual yoga therapy sessions per week.
- Ensure that all classes are managed effectively and professionally
- Ensure that studio is clean before and after classes
- Be prepared and present for student questions 15 minutes before and 15 minutes after class
- Ensure the appropriate, accurate and timely completion of notes and communication with clients and colleagues
- Work across modalities and in collaboration with other CPYC therapists
- Write 12 blog entries/year
- Role requires a combination of early morning, daytime and/or either evening or weekend schedule as determined by client need
- Schedule determined in consultation with practice regarding clients’ needs and studio availability
Benefits of joining our team:
- Opportunity to work independently and collaboratively with an exciting and innovative interdisciplinary team
- Opportunity to develop a program that meets the needs of the community and the clients at CPYC
- Opportunity to develop teaching, therapeutic, management, and program development skills
- On-going training and education opportunities
- Ample referral base
- Collaborative, team-based environment
- Bookings, billing, advertising, client referrals, and office management taken care of for you
- Compensation is commensurate with qualifications, hours worked, and experience.
If you are interested, please fill out the application form below. Read about or Recruitment Process here.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA}, CPYC strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are nondiscriminatory and barrier-free. If you require an accommodation, please advise in advance of attending the interview.