Psychotherapists in Collingwood, Ontario
We are licenced psychotherapists at Collingwood Psychotherapy & Yoga Centre. You will know that you are in the right place if:
- You feel embarrassed or nervous to come to therapy. You are not alone! The most common reason Canadians do not access mental health services is because they are worried about being judged by the therapist or other people who know they are seeking help. We aim to create a safe, non-judgmental and confidential environment so that you can feel comfortable doing your therapy work and talking to us if difficulty between us arises.
- You are looking to understand how to feel more connected in relationships.
- You are willing to commit the time and energy for regular sessions and possibly homework to engage in the process of change.
- You recognize that our role as therapists is to create a safe space for you to explore your emotions and guide you as you work to connect more deeply to others and your internal world.
- You appreciate a caring, intuitive, experienced, hopeful and authentic healing dialogue.
- You want therapy based on relational, attachment-based, trauma, sensorimotor, yogic, mindful and neurobiologically informed theories.
For additional information about psychotherapy or to book a session with us in Collingwood, Ontario, contact our practice today.
In Person Session Health and Safety Protocols
– As long as there is no community lock down, in person sessions will become available at some point in October, 2021 for clients who are interested, and are fully vaccinated (2 vaccines + 14 days) beginning October, 2021. ONLINE SESSIONS WILL STILL BE AVAILABLE TO ALL WHO WOULD LIKE TO ENGAGE ONLINE.
– When in person sessions begin in October, you must email us at least 24 hours in advance to request an in person session for your booked appointment. If you do not hear from us by email confirming the in person session or if you provide less than 24 hours notice, please assume the session will be virtual.
– We ask that everyone self-screen and only come to the session if you are cleared by this screening to attend.
– Please stay home and email us to indicate the session will be virtual instead of in person if at all feeling unwell or symptomatic or if anyone in your immediate dwelling or work environment is unwell, symptomatic, or if you have been in contact with anyone who has recently contracted Covid-19.
– Psychotherapists will self screen every morning and if they feel they may have symptoms or have had contact with someone with symptoms, they will send you an email in the morning indicating that the session has been changed to a virtual session.
– Please arrive on time for your session, but not early to minimize contact in the waiting area. Please wait outside until 2 minutes before your session time. Office waiting room door at Tara’s office will be locked until 2 minutes before your session time.
– It will be mandatory to sanitize your hands upon entering the office
– Everyone must wear a face mask inside the building, in the waiting area and common areas and only remove your mask once seated on the couch inside the office and psychotherapist is seated as well (and if you prefer, you may also wear one during the session but it is not required)
– Psychotherapists will wear a mask wherever it is not possible to distance socially. Once they are seated in their chair and you are seated in your seat, they will remove their mask. Seats will be placed 6-10 feet apart.
– Whenever possible (weather permitting), we will keep the windows open for fresh air circulation and/or we will have air purifiers running throughout the session time.
– Washrooms are public and are cleaned by the building management. Washrooms are cleaned weekly so please use your discretion when using them.
– We will ask that everyone bring their own drinking container for water.
– All high contact surfaces (door handles, hooks) will be regularly sanitized throughout the day
-We believe strongly in self-responsibility so we will trust that you will decide for yourself if these protocols feel safe enough for you to join in an in person session and your request for in person sessions indicates that you are comfortable with these protocols.
To provide clients with an accepting, friendly space to discover their healing path and to develop therapeutic relationships that sustain, inspire and guide them.
To provide clients with highly skilled, self responsible and self aware psychotherapists and yoga therapists who are always striving to learn about advancements in their fields and to continually develop themselves.
To create psychoeducational opportunities for clients to empower them to learn about their symptoms and how they can move towards healing and growth.
To provide innovative training programs that develop highly competent, self aware, self responsible, and inspiring psychotherapists and yoga therapists.