Deeper Therapy: Programs for Professional Healers and Teachers
As therapists, our Self is the tool through which we translate whatever healing modality we employ. Therefore, it is essential that we are in touch with our “tool” and how it works, how we can use it and its limitations. Because we are human, we all have obstacles or blocks to complete health and healing and it is our personal work to clear these blocks that creates our ability to connect to the Self within. Closer connection to Self allows us to more effectively transmit healing and learning to those we serve. Without a connection to our Self, no matter how good we are at the “tools”, healing cannot occur and those we serve continue to suffer. When we connect to the Self, suddenly our clients begin to grow and experience better outcomes.
At the Collingwood Psychotherapy and Yoga Centre, our professional development programs are designed to deepen your ability to dismantle the blocks so that you can truly see, accept and own your Self. The journey to the Self may at times be steep and at other times, it will be deeply enlivening. The profound changes and shifts you will experience from participating in our programs will result in higher levels of confidence, creativity, clarity, competence, courage and connection to who you truly are. You will see your clients flourish and you will know the power of the connection to Self.
If you are ready to deepen your connection to your Self and to your clients, we are ready to work with you.
CRM® Retreat for Innovation in Collective Healing
Facilitators: Lisa Schwarz, Tara McGee, Morgan Grace
Dates: 3rd – 9th November 2024 – 5-day retreat (2 days for travel)
Silver Springs Retreat is a beautiful location set in the Grey Highlands; however, not all rooms available are private. Some of the rooms will have shared sleeping accommodations and private bathrooms, and some rooms will have shared bathrooms. Therefore, please be aware that when you are registering, rooms are assigned on a first come first served basis with individual private rooms with ensuite (no sharing) assigned first. Please see Silver Springs Retreat website for accommodation details by downloading the Corporate Retreat Package.
Costs: All prices are in CAD and include taxes, exchange rates change daily. A 35% deposit is required to secure your place on the intensive and book accommodation at Silver Springs Retreat. Balance is split into two equal payments due 4 weeks after your initial deposit and then another 4 weeks after your first payment.
EXTRA EARLY BIRD: Book on or before March 31st to get this offer: $4,500 CAD (including taxes) or $4400 CAD if paying in full at the time of booking.
EARLY BIRD: Book on or before 30th April to get this offer: $4,750 CAD (including taxes) or $4,650 CAD if paying in full at the time of booking.
REGULAR PRICE: Booking from 1st May, $5,000 CAD (including taxes) – $4900 CAD if paying in full at the time of booking.
If you require an alternate payment plan, please contact [email protected]
Who: This intensive is by invitation only. If you are interested in attending, please contact us to discuss. This event is for generational trauma healers and think-tank initiators preparing to manifest the facilitation of large-group, global-scale generational trauma healing and re-source re-membering.
What: 5-days to delve deeper into learning about how to effect change around dissociation caused by trauma, working with only generational resource re-membering as the main tool for larger group healing.
- We will brainstorm, plan, and generate ideas around how to facilitate and effect larger group healing with the CRM®
- We will plan how to set this in motion in a practical way out in the world and in ourselves as facilitators, so we can facilitate the highest work possible for large groups of people.
- We will further discuss and hypothesize how this work can have an effect on a larger, global scale, climate change, and conflict issues.
- Didactic learning
- Dyad work
- Large group facilitation on Thursday where we put the model we have developed into action by facilitating the model with approximately 20 people as a first experience of the work
- Debrief of this large group experience on Friday
- There will be opportunities to: walk the land, connect with the streams, rivers and ponds, and animals on the property; have bonfires; enjoy the steam room; play; cold plunge in the spring water (if you are brave); practice yoga; and eat nourishing food that will be prepared for us.
Cancellation Policy: Any refunds issued will be made to the credit card on file at the time of registration.
If you cancel before April 20th, 2024, you will be refunded the full amount less 5% of the full cost of your booking for an administration fee.
If for any reason we need to cancel the event, you will be refunded the full amount.
After April 30th, 2024, deposits and installment payments are non-refundable.
Please note refunds will be made in CAD at the amount paid, less any fees. Exchange rates change daily, and we cannot account for fluctuations in transactions.
We require a minimum of 12 people to hold the event and to be booked by 1st May. If we do not meet this quota, we may cancel the event and provide a 100% refund.
Next steps: Once you have registered for the retreat on our website, we will contact you to discuss your accommodation and secure your 35% deposit. If you need assistance with registration, please contact us at [email protected] or call 01 705 300 2329 ext.0.
Getting to the Retreat:
If you are travelling from out of province/country:
- Arrive by plane at Toronto, Ontario, Canada (Pearson International Airport or Billy Bishop International Airport).
- Rent a car at the airport and drive 2 hours north to Silver Springs Retreat (lots of rentals available at the airports – book ahead).
- OR take Simcoe County Airport Service shuttle (please book ahead). Cost is $145.00 per person from Pearson International Airport or $338.00 per person from Billy Bishop International Airport (tax included). The shuttle does not go out to Flesherton; therefore, at booking with this service, please book for Collingwood. We can then arrange pick up in the area if needed, or you can book a private taxi or Uber. Please plan this well in advance and let us know your plans, so we are prepared for your arrival.
For more information or assistance with any aspect of your planning, please contact:
Sharon Hendry, Office Manager of Collingwood Psychotherapy and Yoga Centre – [email protected] or 1+705-300-2329 Ext. 0.
Please allow up to 2 business days for response.
Treading a Path to the Self: An experiential Yoga Psychology Course for Self Healing and Growth (ONLINE) - SERIES B
Facilitator: Tara McGee
Dates: 10 Saturdays, January 13-March 30 (No class February 24). Recording will be available after the class.
Time: 7:45am – 9:00am
Cost: $300/person (includes tax)
Who: This course is suitable for anyone interesting in understanding their own yoga practice more deeply in order to integrate the effects of the practice when they are applied to the right person, at the right time, in the right order.
What: 10 weeks of Online, live yoga classes with short seminar on yoga psychology topic. Recordings will be sent out after class is over and yoga practices that were recorded can be used throughout the week to help you develop a personal practice.
You will learn:
- We will learn how yogic tools can be employed to work with the Manomaya (lower mind) and the Vijnanamaya (higher/intuitive mind) to offer even more tools to clear the path to the Self within.
- We will come to understand the linkages between the theories of the Gunas and recent neurobiological theories and how to work with these form a yogic lens
- We will gain a preliminary understanding of the path of Ashtanga yoga
- 15-30 minute theory seminar
- 45 minutes -1 hour yoga practice to embody the theory
- Yoga techniques include asana (poses and movement), pranayama (breath work), pratiahara (initial phase of meditation- withdrawal of senses), dharana (another form of meditation involving focus on an “object”), internal journeys, bhavana (visualizations), mantra, mudra, chanting, sound and more.
- Because the seminar is so short and there is a lot of information to cover, there will be no discussion or questions during class; Please send questions after class via email.
- Thorough notes will be sent after class to help you integrate the material
- I encourage you to access the recording after the session and to use the practices to develop your own daily practice. The energy work that yoga offers has a cumulative effect. In order to experience the effect the Yoga Sutra tells us that we must work with enthusiasm, in the right direction, with the right focus for a long period of time. I offer these classes as a way for you to begin this process of developing a practice that is right for you.
- Week 1: Review of the Panca Maya (energetic layers or sheaths)Intro to the energetic layers or sheaths (Mayas) surrounding Self, with special emphasis on Prana Maya.
- Week 2-5: Understanding the Manomaya and using yogic tools to work with the Manomaya (lower mind/mental sheath) to clear energetic blocks and move you closer to becoming established in Anandamaya (Bliss)
- Week 6-8: Understanding the Vijnanamaya and using yogic tools to work with the Vijnanamaya (wisdom sheath) to clear energetic blocks and move you closer to becoming established in Anandamaya (Bliss)
- Week 9: Understanding the Gunas and how they relate to neurobiology
- Week 10: Intro to Ashtanga Yoga as a systematic path for healing at all levels of the being
- Please have audio off and chats will not be responded to.
- Please have video ON (you will not be recorded). Video being on allows me to be able to adjust the practice as needed because I can watch you practice and see if the practice is having the effect that is intended or if I need to alter it to address class needs.
Remembering the Healer Within Intensive
Facilitator: Tara McGee
Dates: 17th – 21st June & 8th -12th July (two seperate events) with 4 nights stay
Cost: See brochure download for details of early booking offers and save. Prices will change on our website as the months move forward to reflect change in pricing offers.
Where: Sequel Inn, Creemore, Ontario
What: This intensive is an opportunity for you to re-member and re-connect to the innate knowledge that lies within the layers of you to heal your body, energy system, mind, and soul. It is an opportunity for you to have the time to forge deep contact with the expanse of the wisdom contained in your inner world, to the resources nature provides and to be a part of a supportive community of people looking to heal together. It is a chance to take the time you need to be in contemplation, to allow the answers you have been seeking to have the space to float into your awareness. It is a time to offer yourself the opportunity to sink back into who you truly are and to rediscover who you really want to become as you move forward with meaning and purpose re-infused into your life.
**Please download the brochure for full details of this intensive experience**
Sometimes we get to a point in life where things don’t go as we had hoped or planned. Maybe we find ourselves burnt out, stressed out, depressed or anxious even though everything in life is objectively “great”. Maybe we have suffered an unexpected loss, or our children are struggling in ways we never imagined or have left home, and we don’t know who we are. Perhaps someone in our family or close community has become ill, maybe we have developed a chronic illness we were not expecting. Perhaps our work is no longer as meaningful as it once was, or our relationship has become dull or lack lustre. Maybe we have the distinct feeling that we have everything we want but are still not content inside.
At these times, it can be confusing to feel we have worked so hard and ended up feeling that our lives don’t hold the meaning and purpose we thought they would. Often, we spend our time looking for the answers without – looking for a pill, seeking out experts, reading books, “googling it” or scanning Instagram and Facebook searching for an answer to what will heal us. Although we can find some answers from outside of our being that can help, healing is not a one size fits all proposition; we have forgotten how to go within to discover the answers that we hold inside that are specifically designed for us.
Working with the subtle tools of yoga, and the magic of the Comprehensive Resource Model (CRM®) you will be provided with guidance to dive deep inside you, revealing new truths, hidden wisdom and paths to healing that are co-created from both within and without. You will discover the powerful impact that you can have on your own health, wellness, and direction in life and the powerful impact your healing can have for your family, community and the planet.
Prior to the intensive you will commit to:
- A 1.5 hour psychotherapy assessment and goal setting session (in person preferred, but online possible).
- A 1.5 hour individual yoga therapy session (in person preferred, but online possible).
- A commitment to daily yoga practice (designed and taught to you during the yoga therapy session)
- 5-day intensive starting 7am- 5pm daily, with personal time after 5pm for relaxation, reflection and to enjoy your surroundings.
How to apply:
Email us at [email protected] or call 705 300 2329 (ext. 0) to express your interest and book your initial psychotherapy assessment and goal setting appointment with Tara.
Workshops for Organizations
We develop workshops and seminars tailored to organizational needs. Our aim is to train professionals interested in developing their awareness of and facility in:
- the use of self in psychotherapy;
- working with trauma in yoga and psychotherapy modalities;
- interpersonal and therapeutic skills;
- creating healthy working groups;
- understanding trauma, neurobiology and attachment;
- yoga psychology;
Some workshops presented have included:
- Understanding Trauma – A neurobiological, relational approach – Athena’s Sexual Assault Counselling and Advocacy Centre; Georgian Bay Family Health – Mental Health Team.
- Contacting the Self: From Dysregulation to Mindful Connection in the Therapeutic Relationship – Mistissini Mindfulness Conference – Cree Justice Department AND Gwekwaadziwin Miikan, Youth Mental Health and Addiction Program
- Trauma, Yoga and the Brain: Strategies for Understanding, Normalizing and Soothing Patient Fears – Royal Victoria Hospital
- Anxiety and the Nervous System: Understanding, Normalizing and Soothing Anxiety in Individuals and the Family – Almaguin Highlands Community Living
- Boundaries, Limits and Attunement in the Parent-Teenager relationship – Pine River Institute
- Contacting the Self: From Dysregulation to Mindful Connection in the Parent-Teenager Relationship – Pine River Institute
- Trauma awareness in the parenting relationship – Pine River Institute
- Navigating boundaries in the workplace – Right to Play
- Working with children who have experienced Trauma – Right to Play
- Boundaries and the Art of Relationship at Camp – Camp Oochigeas
- Managing behaviours in a camp context – Taylor Statten Camps
- Please contact us if you would like us to prepare a training for your organization or group.